Friday, July 24, 2009

It's been a long time!

One year ago today I made my last blog post! I don't really have a good reason for my long absence... but I will do better! So much has happened in our crazy little family this year! Here are just a few of the highlights....
- the whole Burns family got together in Arkansas! It was a fantastic reunion!
- I flew out to UT with mom, dad and Emily for Heather and Dan's wedding!! Love you guys!
- We added another member to our family!! A PUPPY!! Buddy found us right after hurricane Ike rolled through Fayetteville!
- Andy started his own web design company and built some amazing sites for people, including one for the school where I teach!!
- We spent Christmas in NY with the Bryant fam and were able to spend a few unforgettable days in the city!
- I few home to see Emily Jane play Fantine in the SCS production on Les Miserables! The whole cast was AMAZING!!!
- In May the Burns' got together in Arizona for Eric and Karisa's wedding! We are so excited to have her in the family! Congratulations :-)
- Jeff received his call to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Everett Washington! He was in the Missionary Training Center in Provo, UT for 12 weeks where he learned Spanish and he is now out in the field!
- Allie had baby #2, Cameron Burns Vedomske!! We can't even wait to meet him next month! Also, Art and Ev are expecting a baby girl in December!! And that brings the grand baby count up to FIVE!!!
- Harry Potter 6 came out!! wahoooooooooo I'll have to post pictures of our outfits for the midnight showing!!
- And... the biggest news of all.... WE'RE MOVING!!! Andy is going back to school!!! He was accepted at the University of Louisiana in Lafayette! When we leave there he will have his masters in communications! Andy was also able to get a job on campus in the communications department!! I couldn't be more proud of him!!! We have learned so much and had so many prayers answered as we've decided to make this move! This will be the hardest move for us by far! You'd think we'd be pros! We have loved our two years in Arkansas so much!!
Well, that's the sparknotes version of our year! I'm going to better at this blogging thing! I want to get this posted before it isn't the 24th of July anymore! (Happy Pioneer Day mom!!)

4 comments:

Art and Evelyn said...

What a year!! Congrats on everything! We're all so proud of you guys! Good luck with the move and the next few years!

Becca said...

YAY for an update. What a fun and crazy year. The future sounds exciting...

Heather said...

I've been faithfully checking your blog for this much anticipated update! Hooray for the Burns family! It sounds like you guys are having a BLAST! My one little problem is that Louisianna is not a second closer to me... Sigh. Someday we'll be neighbors!

Liz Taylor said...

Glad you're back, I've missed catching up on your life!